Re: [MV] First posting...

mtowers@netxpress.com
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:29:43 -0500

William R. Benson wrote:

> I'm new to the list, so please forgive me if I ask all of the wrong
> questions.
> I was a heavy machinegunner with the USMC back in '84. We used the M151
> before the Humm-Vee came out, and I sort of fell in love with the little
> beast, especially after going through a couple of exercises in Korea with
> it. I'd like to try to find one, either partially or fully restored, and
> see if I can recreate my "Number Seven". If I'm really lucky, I'll be able
> to find a replica .50 cal to mount topside. Can anyone help me?
>
> Bill Benson
> Orange, CA
>
> ===
Bill:
Why do a replica? You can buy a Ma Duece converted to semi-auto only for
about $6,500 and have a hell of a lot more fun. And, since it is your
constitutional right under the second amendment to do so, why not
exercise it. Of course, you could buy a full auto Ma Duece, but then you
would have to pay a $200 tax.

Have Fun!
Mike T.