Re: [MV] M38 parts car

JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:21:34 -0400

I think you are right on with your $1000 offer. But if the owner had the
engine rebuilt professionally, without his hands getting dirty, his price is
probably pretty close to what he had to put out to get it done. I would say
that if you have a decent M38 body and frame to drop in a rebuilt engine,
and keep the rest as a parts car, you might want to go up to $1500 IF, BIG
IF, it has all of its accessories, (original gen, volt reg, carb, air
cleaner, etc.) in good working order and the rest has some useable parts to
sell or trade.
-----Original Message-----
From: John Walz <john.walz@house.leg.state.mn.us>
To: mil-VEH@skylee.com <mil-VEH@skylee.com>
Date: Thursday, April 15, 1999 11:20 AM
Subject: [MV] M38 parts car

I have found an M-38 parts car, body in bad, bad shape, (tub probably not
usable) engine recently rebuilt, runs great, frame great, 12V, the rest
deteriorated but mostly original. I was going to offer $1000, the owner
wants $2250. Can anyone offer advice on what this type of car would be
worth?

Thanks

=