Re: [MV] Encore 151 R/T Report

k.king (kking@spiralcomm.net)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 17:35:17 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: jonathon <jemery@execpc.com>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Sunday, April 18, 1999 11:09 AM
Subject: [MV] Encore 151 R/T Report

>Hi all,
>
>Just returned from a gun show at Grayslake, IL. Encore had one of thier
>mutt's there. They are not out of business, in fact he said they are
making
>12 vehicles a day right now. The guy that had the unit there is a regional
>representative who's job it is to get a dealer network setup, sounds like
>what Hummer did. They have a dealer in the Chicago area and another one in
>the works as well as one in the works in Milwaukee. SInce this guy was
>covering the midwest, and since there was alot of action about the vehicle
>I wasn't able to find out what is going on nationally.
>
>Someone mentioned prison labor. The orignal company started out with that,
>a welfare to work program, but it failed. They regrouped and incorporated
(
>a full 'C' corp instead of the original non-profit 501(c)3) and now have
>operations in Clearwater FL.
>
>We asked several ways, several times about cost and the guy just would not
>talk about it. Kept telling me to call him or the dealer already
>established in Chicago.

i don't know what the current price is, but when i checked their web site
about a year ago when i first heard about them, the price was $14,000. i
thought that was a bit high, since a new tj from jeep with a top, seats, etc
and 3 yr warranty was only 15-20% more. i would dearly love to have a 151,
but lets face it-these are not genuine mvs so that is a pretty steep price
to pay. maybe if they had the 12 or 14 gauge steel that some of the other
posts have been talking about the extra strength and reliability would count
for something.

if anyone hears different about the price, please please please let me know!

kking

kking@spiralcomm.net