Re: [MV] RE new mil trucks and WW2 trucks

Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:46:29 +0200

Date sent: Mon, 19 Apr 99 07:38:22 EDT
From: Dr Deuce 264-0909 <keith@apache.ENET.dec.com>
To: mail11:;;;;;;@us2rmc.zko.dec.com@us2rmc.zko.dec.com;;;;;;=
;;;; (@sky)
Copies to: keith@apache.ENET.dec.com
Subject: [MV] RE new mil trucks and WW2 trucks
Send reply to: Dr Deuce 264-0909 <keith@apache.ENET.dec.com>

> Better is not more gadgets. In ~1991, the US Army built a pontoon bridge
> over a river in Hungary? in 30 days. In 1945, the US Army built a pontoo=
> bridge at Remargen in 30 hours with the Grermans shooting everything in
> their arsenal at them. Ah, progress...

Hi !

Are you shure about Hungary 1991 ?

I can=B4t imagine US forces in Hungary just 2 years after the Wall felt !

US Army made a bridge across the Sava River in 1995 (the Sava River forms
the the border between Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, before going in as =
part of the IFOR (Operation Joint Endevour).

Pictures available at:

http://www.nato.int/ifor/pictures/i-951201.htm

Maps available at:

http://www.nato.int/ifor/i-maps.htm

AFAIR it was the largest pontton bridge ever made, and I=B4m not shure you=
can
compare it to the bridge i Germany in 1945.

Tried to get some txt about the operation, but the NATO-server seems to be=

overloaded these days (wonder why :-))

Have a nice day :-)

Henrik Teller
DK - 6270 Toender