Re: [MV] CUCV Stalls

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:10:25 -0500

>Fellow CUCV owners,
> Hopefully someone has a answer to this
>problem - The engine starts & idles for a couple seconds then quits -
>when you open the bleeder on top of the filter there is a small amount
>of air bubbles - try to start it again after bleeding air and it runs
>fine. What's the cause?

I've had this before, but not on a CUCV. Each time it was a different
thing. Pin holes in the fuel line will do it. As will a pin hole in the
bottom of the filer element. As will a failing seal on the filter. I added
a small piece of clear tubing on the line out of the injection pump (back to
the tank), thus I can see any bubbles that are going thru the pump or
generated in the pump.

je