RE: [MV] replacement tubs

Scott Watson (swatson@jps.net)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:44:42 -0700

John, I have had tus from JC Whitney, Genmarc and Archer Bros. (M D Juan),
and compared them side by side, Archers are the most accurate believe that
all the tubs now come from one plant and are sold under different names,
Archers is the direct importer, and I have had the best experience through
them. Scott
check the link at http//:www.g503.com

----------
From: John Walz
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 1999 1:29 PM
To: mil-VEH@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] replacement tubs

I see lots of adds for replacement tubs as well as some discussion amongst
the group. I have also seen a variety of list prices for the steel tubs,
but other adds claim that they is only one factory in the world
manufacturing these tubs.

Are the price differences in the quality of the end product (for example
J.C. Whitney sells tubs with flaws cheaper than a mil-veh outfit that sells
better quality ones) or are all of these standard tubs from the same place.
In other words the "Steel Horse" tub in the Jeep Essentials Catalog is the
same as the Archer Bros, is the same as the J.C. Whitney etc. etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks much.

P.S. I assume since they are for M38's and MB's and GPW that they have no
tool notches or is that incorrect?