Re: [MV] ANZAC Day.

Steve Malikoff MV list account (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 14:02:00 +1000 (EST)

Henry said:
> This Sunday, April 25th is ANZAC Day. It is the day when the Aussies and
> Kiwis remember the brave men of the ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand
> Army Corps) who fell in battle.

> Three cheers to the ANZAC, may they rest in peace.

Yes.
I'm proud to have known diggers (now no longer with us) who served.
Every year, no matter how badly my jeep is pulled to pieces, I _always_ make
sure it's together and running for this day of remembrance.. Australian
and New Zealand flags on the bonnet catches, and a big aussie flag on the
back, it takes its place in marches and parades. I'm honoured that we
can do something in return for those who got stuck in and did their bit.

A page for those who'd like to know more about the spirit of ANZAC:
http://www.anzacday.org.au

Lest We Forget.

Steve Malikoff.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au