Re: [MV] M-37 starting problems

James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:26:46 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent McClearen <brent@multipro.com>
To: MILITARY FORUM <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Sunday, April 25, 1999 6:42 PM
Subject: [MV] M-37 starting problems

>List,
>Got home from a cub scout campout today and decided to work on the M-37.
>It wont start without starting fluid. Runs great after that!
>I have installed the following: (all new)
>dist. cap
>coil
>rotor
>points (0.018)
>condenser
>distr. noise filter
>1 new plug to replace incorrect plug
>gas is clean, fresh
>gas filter is new
>oil and filter done
>cleaned and gapped all plugs
>
>Any ideas from the field?
>Brent brent@multipro.com

I highly recommend you check the choke for proper function. Also verify the
battery voltage does not drop below minimums approximately 23 volts while
cranking the engine. Verify cranking speed most engines crank at 125 RPM.
Kindly keep the list up with how/what you found as this IS a forum for
spreading info as well as receiving it.

James Shanks
n1vbn@bit-net.com
(N1VBN is my Ham Radio callsign)