Re: [MV] Slightly Off-Topic

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:11:59 -0500

>There is a current grass roots movement that is requesting that no
>petroleum products be bought tomarrow, April 30. The intent is to twist
>the beard of the large oil companies to inform them that we (the public)
>don't want to dance to their tune.

Novel idea but I fail to see how this will have any effect on the 'oil
companies' at all. I would think if anyone is affected it would be the
stations, which are not necessarily owned by the oil companies.

Let me know how the experiment went, I'm sure it won't show up in any of the
major media outlets.

je