Re: Steve's posting: [MV] A DUCK'S SAD TAIL

islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Thu, 6 May 1999 21:00:53 -0400

>would rather have him as our president than an unmoral, selfish, LIAR. You
>can go on loving Bill Clinton Steve, but for those of us who value our
>constitutional freedoms will not. Thank you and good day.

Probably the most irrational, unfair message I have ever seen on this
list. Uneducated, closed minded, and reactionary also come to mind. I
find it so hard to believe that such intolerance of rational thought can
be so pervasive on this list! The problem we face today was started
under the Reagan Admin. Hate Clinton all you want, but it doesn't change
the facts.

Now let me get this straight.. if I don't hate Clinton, I love him? Or
is it that I just can't have a problem with Reagan AND Clinton at the
same time? Or even more ludicrous, that if I don't hate Clinton with a
blind passion that I don't value our Constitution? I never said I am a
fan of Clinton, and in fact said that I AM NOT, but I certainly am NOT a
fan of someone who traded arms for hostages to fund Contras who killed
and raped nuns all in the name of Democracy. And need I remind you that
when asked about Iran Contra, Reagan simply said he didn't remember. Is
that lying, mental incapacity, gross dereliction of duty as CiC and
President, or bit of each? Some insiders say that his mental weakness
was evident throughout most of his second term. And even if it was just
for a year, I find that VERY disturbing.

BTW, I don't see how $1000 toilet seats made our world a safer place.
Communism would have collapsed all on its own, with or without spending
us into a hole. Any historian could tell you that. But I'm sure you
won't take my word as one...

Steve