Re: [MV] Reality and business

Winne, Jim (jwinne@nettally.com)
Thu, 6 May 1999 23:41:33 -0400

Hi again Julian,

I believe, as one of the other list members theorized, it has more to do
with economics than safety. They sell new Hummers (the civy version that
is) for somewhere in excess of $50,000. It stands to reason that AM
General does not want its military castoff hummers selling at the DRMO for
$2, 000 or so dollars so they lobby their pals in congress to find a
trumped up excuse not to allow them to be sold in tact. Makes perfect
sense to me....dollars and cents!

cheers,
Jim