Re: [MV] Fast Attack Vehicle

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sat, 8 May 1999 19:26:20 -0500

>You sure that it's a 30mm chain gun? That's the same gun caliber of the A-10
>Thunderbolt II. I've FAVs with 7.62 mm minis, 40 mm MK-19s, M2 Browning .50s
>and various other heavy weapons but I would think that a 30 mm chain gun
>would have way too much recoil and would stress the framework of such a
>small vehicle.

It was a 30mm, the gun was like 6 or 7 ft long. It was mounted on a
mechanism that allowed it to be layed down low on the front (hood if you
will) or raised up overhead. I don't recall who's gun it was as we made
some of our own as well as the ussual others. The rounds were steel cased
30mm, like about 12" long or so.

je