[MV] Old Rolls Royces

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Sun, 9 May 1999 13:46:20 +0200

Richard Notton schrieb:

>> On the subject of ages and cars, my 43 GPW is 21 years older
>> than me and my 41 Chevrolet Dumptruck (getting fitted out in
>> military trim) is 23 years older.
>> I do have to say that this process started early as our family
>> car when I was young was a 1935 Rolls Royce, dad had good taste.
>
> I do hope you kept the Roller, what a gem; at todays prices it would
> fund a field full of GPW's. . . . . . . . . .

I looks as if dad had not only a good taste, he also had enough quid
(or bucks). Also in the 1930s a RR was much more expensive than another
motor vehicle.

I presume dad gave the RR away, when it ruined his park with the
leaking oil. The last 1930s RR I drove was like all (most?) english
vehicles: Leaking oil.=20

Best regards
Andreas
-All swimming in oil-