Re: [MV] # under star on MB

fv74@altavista.net
Sun, 9 May 1999 11:33:23 -0400 (EDT)

Morgan

I am from Pennsylvania, USA. The jeep came from Dover, Delaware a couple of years ago. The first coat of paint on top of the original OD coat is a dark royal blue. I am guessing that it was used by the US air force after the war. I do not know how old Dover Air Force is, but that is a possibility. The numbers seem to be painted on with a stencil. Robert de Ruyter informed me that it was probably accepted about June 11, 1945 and the hood number would be close to 20714622. Thank you for your reply.

Dave Fillman
45MB

---- you wrote:
> Robert:
> Where are you? if ypou are in the UK or if the jeep could have come from
> Canada, that is one of the proper areas, and size, for marking commanweath
> jeeps.
> Morgan Blanchard

> >Hi List
> >
> >Today I was sanding 5 coats of paint off the tub of my 45 MB and under the
> >star on the left rear of the jeep I found painted in yellow the number 114.
Does anyone know or have an idea what this number means. The only other number