Re: [MV] Ft. Riley area

Steve L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Tue, 11 May 1999 19:35:56 -0500

On Tue, 11 May 1999 17:54:11 EDT DDoyle9570@aol.com writes:
>Anyone on the list near Ft. Riley? I need some one to look at a truck
>for
>me. Also,
>any neat museums in that area?
>Let me know,
>Thanks,
>David Doyle
****** I live close (only about 150 miles east of there) by. I dont know
of too many museums. Theres a neat one in Topeka sponsored by the Ks.
national Guard. A self propelled gun, I think a tank, couple of
choppers, a nice M151 w/ trailer, nice people to chat with and watch
videos of the new MLRS vehicles the unit now uses. Free, just want
donations, and they have a gift shop. Our club here in KC is "loaning"
them our M-40 Duster to restore and keep till (if) we ever get our own
place. Should be a nice addition for them. Near by is the Combat Air
Museum. Haven't been there yet.
I'm sure there must be something at the Base in Riley too. I know just
off the interstae at one exit is a park and you can see some of the guns
from the I-state.
If your doin the northern route there is a musuem of sorts up in Neb.
near Lexington, I believe. Also the old SAC museum out of Offutt AFB
Omaha has been relocated to a rest area I think 1/2 way between Lincoln
and Omaha off I-80.
I'm kinda jammed up at work and theres a couple of sales out there now.
I may be able to contact one of the other guys who makes it out there to
look at the vehicle for you. Whats the sale # and item # ? I'll try to
help out. Steve

>===

1953 M38A1 1/4 ton Jeep
1962 M37B1 3/4 ton Truck
1968 M274A5 1/2 ton Utility vehicle "mule"
1968 M109A3 2 1/2 ton Shop Van
1977 M886 5/4 ton Field ambulance