Re: [MV] MVs as classic cars

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Tue, 11 May 1999 22:01:20 -0500

>........! We need to be part of the mainstream of clasic car
>collecting to be included in that effort rather than be an easily seperated
>fringe group that the government in its feal good politics, can bump off
>with no political down side. I urge all of you to start takeing your
>vehicles to classic car meets.

I'm driving the Mule to the other side of town this sunday to a car show,
was scheduled to go to the Armed Forces Day open house at the local reserve
re-fueling unit but they cancelled as they have been deployed. Not sure if
I'll be welcome or let in but, it's a charity thing and the cars have to pay
to get in. Besides, it will give me a chance to go for a drive in it and if
I get stopped by the police, I have a specific place I am going to, not just
out joy riding, although I think with the SMV triangle I can drive almost
anywhere I want anyway.

> You will get to meet different vehicle
>people than you would meet at an MV meet (in fact you will also meet the
>folks who make up the great undecided in America) and you will have a
>chance to make a good impression on them and show them that you, and your
>green machine, are a valuable part of the effort to preserve the history of
>automotive technology.

Exactly. One of the guys around here (far more verbally adept than I)
always says that we are a car club no different than the Ford model A club,
it's just that all of our vehicles are green (technically not correct but
you get the point).

je