Re: [MV] auto insurance for Normandy...

Antoine Compin (acompin@earthlink.net)
Wed, 12 May 1999 20:56:06 -0700

Lida,
My vehicles are - for the time being - all in France, and
insured via one of the brokers accredited by the French MVCG.
Insurance is inexpensive there, especially if you have several
vehicles (rates are degressive), but you must present evidence
of ownership and use of another "modern" vehicle for your daily
transportation needs... Five years ago, I insured my Harley XA
through such a French broker, with an affidavit signed by me and
attached to my certificate of isurance from 20thCentury for my
Maxima...It was a little tricky there, 'cause the XA was not
registered in France...and not yet registered in the US either.
I was using the US Army "W" license plate and engine serial #.
My Jeep and my WLA are regularly insured via the MVCG Insurance
broker, as they are registered in France.
I would think that you can in any case have your insurance
extended to cover overseas, or, if you need to, I could put you
and the interested members in touch with the French MVCG and
Insurance brokers... But be prepared to polish up on your
French...
and you're kind of running out of time too...
Regards,
Antoine

1943 MB
1944 MBT