[MV] SCR506 value

Drew Ballard (aballard@toolcity.net)
Thu, 13 May 1999 06:46:30 -0400

>I have a GPW and I also collect radios. However, I have never mixed the two.
> Most of my radio collection is post war...
>If the radio takes up the whole back of the Jeep is it a BC610? Do you also
>see a BC348?
>These would be nomenclature plates on the separate pieces. I am traveling
>and just dont have my references.
>I can probably hone in on values pretty closely.
>Tom
Tom,
Thanks for the email. I don't remember what the dynamotor is, but it's 12
volts. The xmtr is BC653A and the rec. BC-652.
This is a scan of a copy, but take a look at:
http://www.nj7p.org/millist/pic/scr-506a.jpg
Supposedly there are very few if any left because this particular radio was
extremely popular for converting to ham use after the war (I think 2 meter)
Drew