Re: [MV] 1944 Ford Convertible!

Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 13 May 1999 17:14:27 +0100

My Bedford QLR - is a "2 Axle Rigid Body Box Van" - sufficiently ambiguous ?

Tim
----- Original Message -----
From: John Edwards <edwardsj@bigpond.com>
To: Tim Bell <tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk>
Sent: 13 May 1999 04:48
Subject: Re: [MV] 1944 Ford Convertible!

Tim,

It is better to have a "motor caravan" than nothing at all. Our jeeps in
Australia are classified as Ford or Willys convertibles. It is better to
have a de-milled description on a database than WWII Truck 1/4 tom 4x4.
Because when they want to ban you, they'll use the database to winkle you
out.

This issue was told to me when we had to register all our bolt action
firearms here. We were told if you described something as 5.56mm NATO or
7.62mm NATO you'd bet they'd be the first to go, because they use databases
to cull numbers. If you put something in as 0.223 Remington it sounds
smaller & less dangerous.

I'd have a "caravan" any day.

Best wishes,

John Edwards
Home to the 2000 Olympiad. - & 1942 Ford Convertible owner