Re: [MV] current 151 pic.

Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Fri, 14 May 1999 00:23:37 +0700

Good morning,

Pics on their way. As for the rest, perhaps I was being a bit too Brit
there - sorry. Ruperts are what officers are called in the British Army.
A semi-fond derogatory. One isn't a Rupert anyway - it is the US
Ambassador to Thailand. No offence meant to anyone.

Cobra Gold is the annual joint military exercise between Thailand and the
USA. It is really a political fob. I have seen close to, just how
one-sided it all is. The 1996 exercise in south Thailand was a total
fiasco. Some %$%%&^& in customs here was so keen to get his palm greased
in big style, he got awkward about allowing the US vehicles ashore and the
time frame actually passed before they landed.

Songkhla, in south Thailand, is only a small town and ther were Hummers
everywhere - and I mean everywhere. The whole snag was that having finally
got 'em ashore, they then had to obtain re-export permits........only in
asia...:-)

Hope you like the pic.

Gavin
LOS