Re: [MV] Bearing retainer seal 42PW

Brent McClearen (brent@multipro.com)
Thu, 13 May 1999 22:00:59 -0500

KB,
Try RAPCO for your repro parts for T-84.
Also, I dont see how the bell crank has any affect on the clutch cable,
they dont meet anywhere. The Bellcrank SHOULD have bushings, I think. I've
redone a bunch of CJ2A's and M38's and they had them. There would be two
bushings and two self contained straight roller bearings and two O-ring dirt
seals on the bellcrank shaft if it were like the M38 or CJ2A.
Brent brent@multipro.com

-----Original Message-----
From: KBDewey 42GPW <dirtman42GPW@webtv.net>
To: Mil-Veh@skylee.com <Mil-Veh@skylee.com>
Date: Thursday, May 13, 1999 3:39 PM
Subject: [MV] Bearing retainer seal 42PW

All, I'm searching for the bearing retainer seal for the T-84. Also for
bushings for the Bell Crank. Been all over Seattle and no luck. The old
seal is cork and, as I understand, the replacement is neopreme. As for
the bell crank, I pulled it and there are no bushings in either end (?)
Are there supposed to be some? The bell crank is sloppy and this has
resulted in the clutch cable shortened to the max Tks, Dirt Man.