Re: [MV] Need GPW DOD info

Steve Malikoff MV list account (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Fri, 14 May 1999 22:24:33 +1000 (EST)

Steve said:
> I just bought a GPW sn 102390. The owner claims is is a 1942 and the experts on
> Skylee here told me it was a minimum of a June 44 as I recall due to the rotary
> HL switch.

Steve,
The s/n is the indicator. The rotary switch is not really an indicator
at all - for instance, my GPW s/n is 192600 (April 44) and is currently
fitted with a rotary switch. Take the switch out and check the back of
the dash for any burrs (especially the top hole for the pushbutton latch),
this will idicate the hole has been drilled out for the switch (as mine
has been).

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au