Re: [MV] M151-A2 numbers

Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Mon, 17 May 1999 21:11:02 -0400

Jim, M151A2's were never given "years". They don't go by years. A2's were
only produced for 6 1/2 years for the US Gov't. However, I assume you are
looking for a year to title it. According to your contract number, it was
in the contract signed 7/71 so I would title it a 1971. This is how I've
been doing it. There is NO date stamped anywhere else for ID purposes on
your vehicle. On 151A1's, dates of gov't acceptance were stamped on the ID
plate which would give its' year of manufacture. Stamping the date on the
ID plate is another manufacturing step that was not called for in the AM
General contracts. Julian Burke