Re: [MV] Mil Movie

Chuck Chriss (cchriss@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Thu, 20 May 1999 19:25:57 -0700

Here is the Internet Movie Data Base entry for Take the High Ground which turns out to
have been made in 1953.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0046398

If you are not familiar with IMDB, take a look at http://us.imdb.com/ It is a great
resource for finding lost movies which have lots of military vehicles, whether or not
still available from major dealers. To find it, you might try some of the dealers listed
on Olive-Drab who specialize in war movies and the like:

http://www.olive-drab.com/od_video_dealers.html

Best regards,
Chuck

chuck@olive-drab.com
www.olive-drab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Bathrick <Bathrick@imcchemicals.com>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Thursday, May 20, 1999 12:55 PM
Subject: [MV] Mil Movie

>This thread is kind of interesting. In looking at some of the markings on my 51 M-135, I
found several indications it was at Fort Bliss. I contacted the Fort Bliss museum and
talked with several people in their archive section, about what I found. In researching
they found some information that lead them to believe that my truck was used in the movie
"Take the High Ground", starring Carl Moulden. Evidently a Korean War type movie that was
filmed largely at Fort Bliss, Texas in 1952/3. I have gone to several video dealers to
try and find this and have not. I think it would be neat to see "my truck" as it was in
its prime. If anyone comes across this movie in their travels, please let me know.