Re: [MV] m8 vin#

Douglas Greville (dgrev@apollo.ruralnet.net.au)
Fri, 21 May 1999 08:56:55 +0930

JEFF

> does anybody out there know if the M8 had it's vin# , date of del, and
> or registration # stamped into it any where other than the data plate.

If you are talking M8 Greyhound Armoured Car, then, to the best of my
knowledge no. My vehicle was missing its data plates and I have been
unable to locate any numbers.

There was a theory around a few years ago that the number could be
found amongst the batch numbers on the individual armour plates.
My vehicle, does not have any number sequence that would support this
theory, all the batch numbers are different with no common pattern.
The driver's lower hatch did look promising as it has a large
4 digit number stamped on the inside just under protectoscope hole
but so does the co-driver's hatch, the numbers do not match.

So much for theories.

Regards
Doug

Armoured Vehicles Collector
_______
_/_(_o_)_\_ ____
_/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
/ [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
|w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
M8 Ferret

dgrev@ruralnet.net.au

Web Armour site at: http://Fast.to/DG