Re: [MV] Driving in Oz

Juho Paaso (jmpaaso@dlc.fi)
Tue, 25 May 1999 12:30:38 +0300

NIGEL HAY wrote:

> Did you know that the driving test in India involves driving 800yards round
> the block, not neccesarily in the view of the examiner?
> NIGE
> ---

HAH . yes. In Pakistan, the twisted sister of India , all one needs to do to
obtain a liscense is say yes when asked whether one can operate the
motorvehicle in question ! In my case it was a motorcycle permit. I went to the
police station met the chief of police there. Gave him my application, he
looked through them half bored, looked up at me and asked whether I can drive.
I nodded said "Yes sir." He looked down again at his papers, snorted and signed
his name and waved me out. I had no previous liscense from anywhere else
either.

Obviously I realize that this was only my case, sure they have real "driving
schools" over there as well as "real permits" ( look a bit like Mao's lil' red
book ) and it goes without saying , the bribing system.

--
Juho Paaso