[MV] Re: Hummer Winch

Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Thu, 27 May 1999 15:44:20 +0700

Hello List,

Thanks for the words of advice and concern over the almost certainly "hot"
Hummer winch.

I do not need or want it myself, it was just that the owner of the surplus
store was trying to convince me that it was OK for my M151A1.

Needless to say, a quick email to the Mutt Guru (Manchester United were
damned lucky!) put me straight in a flash. I was merely trying to
establish what it may have been worth so that I could evaluate this chap's
prices relatively for the actual 151 stuff. Very expensive in Thai terms,
but ripping off foreigners is the national sport here and it was incredibly
cheap compared to any other sources. That winch was probably liberated
FROM and BY the Royal Thai Army. That's the way it works here folks.

Best regards to all.

Gavin
M151A1
MVPA.........lost the number........