Re: [MV] carb parts needed

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 22:13:31 -0500

>Sadly, I must rebuild the carb on my LeRoi 210 Compressor mounted on my
>deuce. Looking for the following parts, or a source for them for a series 31
>Zenith carb:
>C81-57-20 Needle & Seat
>K11362 Kit

If I were you, I would install a "Gross Jet" valve in place of the old
needle & seat valve. Everything I have that is carbureted has these in them
now. They are a ball valve assembly that replaces the original exactly.
Somewhere I have the product list but I can tell you that it is extensive,
he has carbs in there I've never heard of. And if they don't have it they
will make one from your original. Since I put these in I have had no float
related carb problems at all. Between sticking shut with no fuel getting in
at all and/or sticking open and flooding all over (especially with this new
gasoline) I had had enough of needle and seat valves, especially the new
replacements, they seem worse than re-using the original sometimes.

If you want more info I can try to find it.

je