[MV] French vehicle question

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:18:58 +0200

At 14.50 01/06/99 EDT, Dave wrote:
>A friend of mine, who is not yet on list asked me the following questions.
> ...snip...
>1) During 1940, the French Army used a vehicle named the Chennillette.
> ...snip...
>2) The French used another armored vehicle, the Renault-ZT. It was a
small,>tracked, open-topped armored carrier with a single machine gun.
>This vehicle may have been the Chennillette, but I>don't know. From the
material I have read so far, I had the impression the>Renault-ZT and the
Chennillette were two separate vehicles.

>Can anyone provide info on these vehicles?
>
>Thanks,
>David Doyle

June 2 1999

Hi from Italy!

I think I can give you some info, I remember the "chenillette": I have a
multivolume Encyclopedia in Italian covering all A.F.V. I am at work now,
but I shall check and let you know tomorrow.

Consider that many A.F.V., trucks, cannons, etc. were captured by the
Germans in WWII and re-cycled (as we say today!) or adapted. For example,
the tracks from the captured Bren carriers in the French campaign were used
to transform the two-axle Opel Blitz truck to an half-track... It was used
extensively on the Russian front. I mean that even if we don't have info
on French A.F.V., it is possible to check German A.F.V. books to find info
on captured French material.

Anyhow, I shall let you know.
regards and don't forget to
Keep Them Rolling!