Re: [MV] The vehicle that the Humvee replaced

Gordon W. Bell (bellsurveying@smithville.net)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 09:39:54 -0400

As a Supply Officer with the 101st when the Hummers started being
fielded here is what the official line was at the time:

The hummer was to replace the jeeps, the 880 series, the Cucv's and
don't forget the Army's answer to the un truely uncomfortable and no way
to get out of fast when it gets hit vehicle the gama-goat.

>From the towed artillery perspective, the Hummer is a lot easier to work
on than the goat ever was. Lot more versitle too.

Just my $0.02 (one moths pay as a 2LT adjusted for inflation) on the
subject

Gordon