Re: [MV] Mattracks/Land Rover

Johan Helsingius (Johan.Helsingius@EU.net)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:31:20 +0200

At 14:35 08/06/99 +0200, Raimondo L. Torelli wrote:

>It reminds me of the halftracked Land Rover, if I remember well the tracks
>use a similar system...
>Correct me if I am wrong. I am at work and my book is at home.

You're probably thinking about the Cutbertson conversion, not a
half-track but a small trangular track for each wheel of the Land Rover.
Most of them were civilian, but the military used them too. There
was a short weelbase RAF bomb dispersal one discovered in italy
recently.

The Cutbertson tracks could be removed easily, enabling the Land
Rover to move on regular road wheels as well.

Johan "Julf" Helsingius, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.julf.com/lr/