RE: [MV] jeep tyre pressure

Lars Svaasand (lars.svaasand@valmarine.no)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:13:39 +0200

I have seen several examples of 'TP 55' being stenciled on the glovebox door
of CCKW's (original markings), and I assume
other vehicles would also have TP markings on the dashboard area.
As far as I know, no vehicles had the markings on the fenders during WWII.
For the jeep, early manuals call for
a tire pressure of 30, later manuals prescribe 35 "to reduce tire wear". It
rides much more comfortable for road
use with 25.

-Lars, Norway