Re: [MV] Paint Information

Steve Thrasher (gpw42@yahoo.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT)

> I agree with the info Ken provided - just remember that there are
other paint schemes in use with the modern US military, though this 3
color scheme is BY FAR THE MOST COMMON.

For the sake or stirring the pot, CARC stands for "Chemical Agent
Resistant Coating," not carcinogenic, as you'll occasionally hear. Be
advised, CARC paint is nasty stuff and IS carcinogenic if not properly
applied. Even Uncle Sam says not to sand it, once it's on a vehicle.

Steve