Re: [MV] M715

Jon Schmidt (brute4c@yahoo.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:55:37 -0700 (PDT)

Can you get 10mpg or better with the 6
> cylinder they come with
> or would I have to convert it to V-8 power?

I have a 230 engine that gets 10 MPG. I have 24000
miles on mine and now probably get better mileage than
that. I have recently installed a civilian ignition
with vacuum advance, something the military setup
lacks, lockout hubs on the front axle and a 2 barrel
carb off a civilian truck. I have much better power,
feels like an 8 now, it is smoother and with the
reduced resistance of the front axle, and with the
vacuum advance, mileage should bump up a few points.

I would
> like to use it for
> trail riding at Fort Hood and to occasionally tow a
> trailer. Is this
> vehicle just TOO impractical for something other
> than parades?

I use my vehicle for these purposes and many others.
We have a club on Yahoo for the M715 family with over
180 members, many of them use their trucks for
anything you can think of including daily drivers.

> A Houston dealer (I can't remember his name) said
that
> when he has them in
> good running order he gets $3000 for them.

$3000 is a pretty good price for a complete running
truck, not perfect but clean and in good condition.

> Does anybody know of any
> M715's (I'm located in central Texas)?

I sure do, we have a member near Austin and 2 more
around Victoria. There are other members in Texas,
still learning where they are. Our club is free, just
need to get a Yahoo id, which is free, to join. We
have many links that may be of interest and 2 websites
of our own besides the club. Many of outr members have
sites as well. Use the link below to come to the club.
If you need any help joining, you can email me direct
at brute4c@yahoo.com.

===
Sincerely,
Jon Schmidt