Re: [MV] MV's in Saving Private Ryan

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:36:39 -0500

At 17:27 20/06/99 -0600, Fred Stueve Jr. wrote:
>I'm a big Tiger tank fan (Tiger I or King Tiger). I really thought that the
>props department did a really good job on the superstructure of the T-34
>(?)(some kind of soviet tank anyways). I was looking really close and=
almost
>thought that the Tiger I used in "Saving Private Ryan" was a real
>one....until I got a side view of the wheels and that was the dead giveaway
>that it wasn't a real one.=20

Could not tell you, have not seen the film yet (and might take some time,
here in Darkest Paraguay !)

>Oh well! I realize that there are few Tigers left
>so I wouldn't really expect to have seen one in the movie anyways.

It was probably cheaper than hiring-out the one at the Mus=E9e des Blind=E9s=
,
in Saumur; and given the rules on exporting/importing weapond of war in
France and Ireland,....
(all the guns in the tanks of the Mus=E9e are kept fully operational _IF_ th=
ammunition is still available; the curator is probably the only civilian in
Europe who could whip out an armoured regiment -somewhat disparate of
course- at the least provocation ;-)=20

Cheers,

Ron the Frog.

List-owner of the WWIIVW list