[MV] Dangerous Kettenkrads

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:26:47 +0200

Renaud OLGIATI schrieb:
> BTW, these Kettenkrads are somewhat dangerous to play with, due to
> their propensity to shed a track and instantly go into a roll, and
> the driver without any form of protection whatsoever.

They don't roll because they've threwn a track, they roll because they
are so narrow. The complete vehicle is only 1 metre (3 feet) wide.
The most dangerous situation is to make a u-turn on a slope.

> A German friend once told me Kettenkrads have accounted for the
> majority of fatal accidents at MV meets in Germany ;-(

I never heard about fatal accidents at MV events in Germany!

Best regards from Germany
Andreas

Webmaster of the Kettenkrad Homepage
http://www.kettenkrad.de