Re: [MV] BC-620 radio in GPW

paul vandervort (pgv@imaxx.net)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 00:15:05 -0700

"Dean L. Kellogg, Jr" wrote:

> Hi Listees,
>
> I have a BC-620 radio in my recently acquired 1943 GPW. I would like to
> know of any recommended reference books for this radio system. It has the
> transmitter and the power supply; however the units are mounted on a board
> that is bolted to the jeep....I doubt that this is the correct mounting
> system. I need to learn more about this!

Dean

What you have is radio set SCR-510-A or -B. The TM you need is
TM11-605. It doesn't show the radio mounting in the jeep, but it does show all
components to install it, and it shows the antenna mounting on the jeep. The
set should mount on a shock mount: FT-250. Good luck finding one of these as
they are very hard to find (if anyone has one let me know I need one too!).
The BC-659 is the same transceiver except it has a built in speaker. There is
probably a TM for that transcvr, but I currently don't have one. I think I
have another manual covering these sets, but I cant locate it right now. If I
can be of any further help let me know.

Paul Vandervort
MVPA 437