Re: [MV] info on trailer plug on M35A2

Bruce Gilbert (b.gilbert@uws.edu.au)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:02:44 +1000

**
Reading your description of the NATA plug below reminds me that in the
1960's Australian Army vehicles and trailers also had (and no doubt still
have) the standard Nato plug. Given that we are 20,000 miles away at the
other end of the world, I have often wondered why we had them. And no, we
don't have snowplough fittings, de-icers, etc.

But also, as we have recently seen in Europe, Russia want's to play
soldiers with Nato countries. Now, remind me, just WHY WAS NATO originally
setup ??; and against whom ?.

***