[MV] Cavalry WW2 leather rifle scabbards

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:48:52 +0200

At 13.20 22/06/99 -0400, John wrote:
>The BAR, otherwise known as the Model 1918, came out in >that year.
In>between then and the advent of the jeep >and other motor transport, the
Army>owned a horse or two. >I imagine they probably had a scabbard to fit the
... snip ...
> Does anybody out there have a pre-1930 Cavalry
>manual with any illustrations on the stowing of the BAR >on a Horse?

John

whuich is more like a box htat I think >>that was used on a vechicle or
pack horse. I had one >>and sold it. It was made out of leather and was
>>reinforced with blued metal. Very large and heavy. >>Some people say it
isn't BAR, but one fits nice in it. >>Thanks Howard--------

June 23 1999

Hi John and List!

I do not have the manual you are referring to, however I have a book by
Randy Steffen who is a very good draftsman.
The book covers U.S. Cavalry equipment/paraphernalia such as: saddles,
bridles, belts, holsters, "scabbards" and the like with beautiful drawings,
from the A.C.W. to WWII.
I am at work now, but I shall check when back at home and will let you know
tomorrow. I hope there is a drawing of the B.A.R. scabbard.

Regards and
Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.