Re: [MV] off subject posting

MV List Admin (postmaster@skylee.com)
Wed, 23 Jun 99 07:47:47 -0700

Mil-Veh members:

A reminder appears to be required.

>I would like to post this message, I know it is off subject - but
>is it really.

Yes, it really is.

>As we approach the 4th of July I think this would be appropriate

No, it is not. There are hundreds of thousands of stories of brave
people who have given their lives for this country. Their stories
do not belong on the mil-veh list. A military history list, or a
patriot list, or a list comparing the Coward-in-Chief to everyone
else, or your own web page would be appropriate. Or edit it and use
it as a three-line signature at the end of an on-topic post. But
this list is strictly about the private ownership of military
vehicles. If one of them had been a collector, or had died in a
vehicle you own, or there had been some tie to the private ownership
of military vehicles, then it would have been appropriate. But if
everyone decided to post stories about monuments and fallen defenders
of freedom, all our hard drives and networks would crash under the
strain and everyone would unsubscribe because there would be no
discussion about the list's topic. And then there would be no mil-veh
list.

Bottom line, and I'm getting tired of saying it. If you all want this
list to continue:

DO NOT POST OFF-TOPIC MESSAGES TO THE MIL-VEH LIST.

>and hope that you see fit to let me post it.

You already posted it. Please be considerate and don't post anything
off-topic again.

--Arthur Kyle, mil-veh list admin <ack@skylee.com>
Please do NOT quote my whole message back to me when replying