Re: [MV] Beltring.

Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:07:45 +0100

HI list

I had to phone through to Rex Cadman's office to get them to send me my
passes... wasnt easy getting through. They assured me that if I hadnt heard
from them, I'd still be welcome to turn up - coiincidentally my passes
arrived in the post 3 days later.

I'm not too sure about accomodation - never been to Beltring before - it
always coiincides with other commitments (and does again this year). In any
case I will be either living in my tent (if I take my GPW) or the Bedford
MW... if I have the Bedford MW, I could take the tent to provide "crash"
space for any interested parties... you would have to have your own sleeping
gear and be happy to sleep under 1944 vintage British Army Canvas.

I'm sure there must be a Bed and Breakfast type establishment that's cheaper
than 60 GBP per night.

Alternatively there's always a good supply of British Army 2 man Bivi tents
being sold by dealers for around 20 GBP including poles and pegs... 8-)

I'll keep a look out for other possibilities.

Regards

Tim

----- Original Message -----
From: Gavin Broad <invest@portsmouth-mann.com>
To: <Mil-veh@skylee.com>
Sent: 25 June 1999 09:43
Subject: [MV] Beltring.

Hi List,

Well Raimondo me ole mate, I doubt that we Brits are likely to do anything
in concert with you continental types. :-))

Rex Cadman hasn't replied to me either. Enough said.

Try a travel agent for a deal, maybe? The Langley Hotel is being punted
but it is 60 GBP a night and is 9 miles - 15 klicks - away. Maybe arrive a
couple of days early and put in some footwork might save us all some time
and money. Arriving from Thailand and camping a la Angleterre is not my
choice and I don't have a tent anyway.

Anyone got any good leads?

Thanks

Gavin