Re: [MV] Right Front Spindle

Dean L. Kellogg, Jr (kelloggd@uthscsa.edu)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:31:47 +0100

I just replaced the left steering knuckle on my 43 GPW.....what fun. The
fill plug should be to the rear on both sides. I suspect that someone
replaced the right side with a knuckle designed to go on the left side. It
is not possible to mount the knuckle "180 deg." out due to the angle of the
spindle mount. But the 2 sides could be switched and would work ok.

Dean Kellogg

>The right front spindle on my '42 GPW has the grease fill plug on the front
>of the spindle instead of the back like all jeeps that I have looked at.
>The Jeep steers fine, and the fourwheel drive works great.
>The chassis is definitely Ford with many F's and a GPW frame ID
>Is it possible to mount the spindle 180 degrees out, or was this standard on
>some Jeeps.

* Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD *
* Department of Medicine *
* The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio *
* 7703 Floyd Curl Drive *
* San Antonio, Texas 78284-7875 *
* (210) 617-5311 FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@uthscsa.edu *