Re: [MV] Why am I having tile problems???

DP Dusenbury (dp@interpath.com)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:29:30 -0400

MadSkier1@aol.com wrote:

> Why is the NCDMV having so much trouble issuing me a title for my CJ10A that
> I picked up from the DRMS?
> One theory that I have is because the military VIN has extra n

Which county are you in?

I had no problem with plates for my M715, using a Form 97, in Lee
County, NC. That is, after I talked to the right person at the plate
agency. Two at the counter had never seen a 97, but the gal in back
knew exactly what to do with it, even showed it to the others in their
training book.

The NCDMV plate agency in Asheboro has handled a lot of mil-vehs over
the years, that came via Delks. They can do one no problem -- you don't
have to do the title transfer in your home county, AFAIK. Or maybe call
them, and arrange with them for your local agency to take a minute and
call.

As far as the tax value, I was lucky that my truck had previously been
owned by the USFS in NC, and at one time they had it in the computer
with a state permanent plate in it (but not titled). They had it valued
at $300, and that value transfered to me, making my tax bill a whopping
nine bucks.

--