Re: [MV] "SAE" spec

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 21:51:40 -0500

>Hi everybody!
>I live in Korea & I am designing a truck. But we don't use SAE
>specifications. Anyone knows the specifications, or where can I find
>them on Web-site?

The web site is www.sae.org. They have the specs on there but the last time
I tried to actually get one it was not easy to find the one I was looking
for and I think I gave up as you had to pay for them or be a member or
something like that, but then that was over a year ago. Try it and see what
happens.

>I want the specifications are "SAE #8 & SAE #20". They are used for
>hydraulic lines.

I assume the you are refering to the SAE standard flare fittings which are
45 deg. The number is the number of 1/16ths of an inch thus a #8 is 1/2"
tube, #20 is a 1-1/4" tube. These are not interchangable with the JIC
serries (37 deg flare) even though they use the same thread spec in the nuts.

The best way to look up SAE specs is to get the book, then you can easily
page thru it and see what your looking at.

je