Re: [MV] MVPA Election

islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 00:18:23 -0400

>Belive me this is going to end up costing membership I have seen this
>before as i said it will happen and I sure hate to see it.

I've got to tell you, it sure doesn't make me want to join! I have my
MVPA membership application right here. I got it shortly after acquiring
my first MV several months ago. I have been meaning to join up ever
since I got it, but it got lost in my office. Well, I was cleaning up
yesterday and found it, intending on finally filling it out. Then I read
about this crap! I have to give the MVPA some benefit of doubt, but it
seems pretty difficult to extend much in light of their silence, Jim's
email, and his support by fellow MVers. And now I also find out that
elections in the past have been rigged? Man, this is NOT something I
want to join.

I am in rural Maine and do not have the means or time to travel to the
big rallies (wish I did!), so I was planning on signing up for the
principle of the organization. But now on principle I will NOT do that
until this matter is cleared up. Oh, unless I can cast a write in vote
for Jim with my membership application. But then again, who is going to
count the votes?...

Very disappointed!

Steve