Re: [MV] 41 Dodge would like to identify

Todd and Audrey Hall (athall@wavecom.net)
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 10:10:28 -0700

"Gordon.W.I. McMillan" wrote:

> Well the cab plate is for a 41 closed cab all right. The wheelbase is
> probably 116" rather than 118" and from the chassis number you gave last
> time it will be a T215 4 x 4 1/2 ton.
>

> The interesting point is the cab side lights. If original these 'cowl'
> lights were a hangover from the '39 civilian pattern, and the only '41 cab
> that should have these would be the one from a '41 1/2 ton T112 4 x 2
> closed cab, like a WC 38 or WC 39.

> If this is the case then you most likely have a 1941 1/2 ton open cab
> weapons carrier that has been retro-fitted with a contemporary closed cab
> by someone who didn't appreciate all that fresh air.
>
> Couple of things to identify it. The T112 cab will have (of at least will
> have had) the centre wind up for the windscreen going through the raised
> boss in the centre of the dash, and it should be missing the side slide
> screen supports, or at least they should look like they have been added.
> Also the T112 4 x 2s had a different fuel tank arrangement with the
> filler just behind / below the drivers door. Any sign that a filler hole
> there had been filled in ?

The cab has both the center wind up with out side slides and it has the
covered hole for
the filler neck. Looks like no OD on the cab. Guess I've got an imitation
WC40.
Now I won't worry that the combat rims and whatever box and fenders I can
find for it aren't original either. Maybe original parts will show up
someday.
One thing, in this area no one will know but me.
Thanks for all the help.
Todd Hall
Powell, WY