Re: [MV] Cargo container wanted

Michael Carradine (cs@unimog.net)
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 13:48:39 -0700

At 12:07 PM 7/11/99 -0700, "Henry" <henrya@jps.net> wrote:
>Does any one know where to get those cargo containers from ships?
>I need a place to store all the goodies I am trying to get for
>my new-found obsession.
>Thanks,
>Henry
>M35A2
>M103A3 trailer
>M?? forklift

Most every port city has dealers of containers, check your
yellow pages. Identifying the location of where you practice
your obsession helps, as you do not want to pay for transporting
empty containers around the country or overseas. Before placing
your goodies into one of these boxes, consider that the interior
air will condensate as the outside temperature changes. The
moisture will corrode all exposed metal surfaces, turn paper to
wet pulp, and foster fungi growth on everything else. You will
need to provide adequate ventilation and possibly a heat source
in the box.

Been there, done that!

-Michael Carradine

Walnut Creek, CA USA