Re: [MV] MVPA Rigged Elections

Rob Dabkowski (robdab@better.net)
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:28:32 -0400

Alan, I thank you for a well thought out reply... it's too bad that the
MVPA executive, including Mr. Cleveland, have not yet bothered to address
the concerns raised by the contributors to this list. I guess that when you
are "President for Life" you don't have to be concerned with what the
membership thinks about how an organization should be run. How is it that
you feel that the MVPA is "our"organization when it appears that three
board members are completely beyond question/reproach/removal by election
and that those three control which names will appear on each year's ballot
? How do you suggest that I work from within the organization to change it
when no possibility of changing the governing board appears to exist ? Just
pay my dues and pray for devine intervention ? Not likely in my case. I
have no doubt at all that Mr. Cleveland provides countless services to the
MVPA membership and I do not think that he would be petty enough to cancel
the MVPA website if forced from office. If that proves to be the case then
we are all better off without him and the sooner the better. We (the
membership) can start another web site that is not controlled by any one
individual,with the possibility of censorship that is inherent in that
situation. Robert Dabkowski (Toronto, Canada)