Re: [MV] MB Steering Bell Crank Lock Pin

fv74@altavista.net
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 07:36:53 -0400 (EDT)

Je

The lock pin in my MB is round with a tapered flat ground on it. The big end was installed towards the drivers side of the jeep. I believe they could be installed from either direction. You must clean and inspect the ends of the lock pin to determine how it comes out. Sand blasting might work. The process is easier with the axle out of the vehicle. You will probably need a press and heat to remove the Bell Crank shaft after you have removed the lock pin. I started this same project with the axle installed and decided to put it off until I take the jeep down to the frame this winter. My shaft was not worn that badly.

Good Luck
Dave Fillman
45 MB