Re: [MV] GPW serial numbers

jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:34:36 -0400

John wrote;
I recently purchased a GPW that I do not know the year of (the
>data plates are gone.) ......... Can
>everyone give me a year or even better the date of delivery? The serial
>number is 266996.
I paid $150 for it was it worth it? :)

Without the USA # I can only give you the following data.

Motor #266996 was built at the Rouge Motor Building on April 14, 1945 (206 built that day).

This GPW would have been assembled 3 days to 3 weeks later depending at which branch it was built.

ANY GPW for $150.00 is worth it.

Jim
"Considered too dangerous to be allowed to run for the MVPA board"